No matter what you sell, this little tip will increase your conversion rate.
Become your competitor's best sales rep.
Here's why and how...
First, the why:
All prospects do research before they fill out a lead form.
What did they find? What did they review? What do they now believe to be true about the solution they need?
If you're lucky, your website and its content are part of the answer to these questions. But, regardless your competitors' website, content, and maybe even a sales call are a big part of what has shaped the perspective that your prospects are bringing to the sales call.
We need to know what's already in their heads.
Now, the how:
Create a learning system that fuels your sales process and scripts with key insights, use cases, and counterpoints to competitors' claims.
- Do the Google searches your prospects will do. Analyze each result
- Analyze your competitors' home page and landing pages
- Subscribe to competitors' blog posts (RSS) and newsletters
- Follow influencers in the industries you serve
- Create a detailed (and honest) comparison report