"My website doesn't generate leads."
This simple statement of frustration kicks off most of the discovery calls with my lead generation agency.
At the same time, these same folks are often spending thousands of dollars on SEO, PPC, Content, email marketing, display ads, podcasts, videos, and manners of digital silver bullets.
None of this stuff will help if you don't have a landing page or website design that will generate a lead.
Most of my clients (and probably you) have enough website visitors to start generating leads. The problem is FRICTION!
7 Common Web Design Mistakes that Cause Friction
- Sliders - They're distracting and make it hard for visitors to know where to start. Not to mention, they're hard to control on mobile.
- Difficult navigation - Stop stuffing every department's pet project in the header navigation and ban dropdowns.
- Web forms - Forms are cumbersome to fill out on mobile. Switch to survey style (make a selection and move forward) lead paths.
- No product pages - Visitors come looking for your product(s). Give them a clear and direct path to dedicated landing pages.
- Complex applications - Don't make prospects fill out lengthy applications!
- Blogs posts on random topics - Stop writing about random things you think prospects want to know. Instead, use an SEO tool to find out exactly what they're searching for.
- Blog posts without CTAs - Direct readers to take action - go to a product page or download additional content.
Fix these 7 things and your website will immediately begin generating fresh sales leads.