5 tips to INSTANTLY up your ONLINE MARKETING game
Everyone is looking for the quick hit because most campaigns don’t even jiggle the performance meter. Today, I’m going to give you the INSTANT success formula.
Five things that you can do, starting today that will unquestionably INSTANTLY up your ONLINE MARKETING game.
Writing is essential to generating creative ideas AND getting on the radar of potential customers who are looking for innovative marketing wins.
Here is how you do this right now!
Start writing on your phone. I got this tip from Fred Wilson/AVC.
Use Medium, Google Docs or WordPress’ mobile app and start writing and publishing on your phone.
This blast through two common barriers to publishing:
- Removes getting started friction
- Forces you to discard perfection (Bonus: people love raw)
Find people that are already doing it right and mimic them, while iterating until you have your unique style. That’s what Benjamin Franklin did.
Here are some people to copy:
Two things before I move on: 1.) I look to these guys for inspiration every day and 2.) Notice all three links are to their YouTube channels. Do video!
Tune, optimize, noodle, and re-noodle your social profiles. No one hires someone without checking them out online.
Your social profiles and associated profiles are the new resumes. People that run into you online make a beeline to your social profiles. DON’T PHONE THEM IN!
Here are a couple of places to start:
- Your website. People expect professionals, especially ones they expect to pay a premium for, to have a site. It doesn’t have to be hard or expensive. You can create a smoking Squarespace website in a couple of hours. Check out Peter McKinnon’s website. See. Mimic. Iterate.
- Medium. There is an audience ready-made. The algorithm is pretty simple. Publish more, and you get more–assuming your writing is halfway decent.
- Linkedin. I hate it, but it’s starting to work. Linkedin is figuring out how to be more than a ghost town for resumes. People are hanging out there, and it’s nearly effortless to stand out, while others are still phoning in their profiles and not publishing content.
- YouTube. Figure it out. You have to learn how to do some interesting video. I’m not going to minimize the difficulty here. I’m working on it myself. It’s super important.
Storytelling is some secret sauce.
People’s attention tough to grab these days. Good storytelling sucks them in.
Here is the simplest formula:
There it is in the first sentence:
Everyone is looking for the quick hit. Because most campaigns don’t even jiggle the performance meter. Today, I’m going to give you the INSTANT success formula.
TALK TO PEOPLE
Talk to people. Pick up the phone, meet for coffee, share a meal, hang out at a conference, or just go hang with them in Amsterdam.
You’ll be amazed at the boost your online marketing campaigns get when you have friends in the industry rooting for you. This interwoven network of cheerleaders is basically how Silicon Valley owns the innovation and venture capital market. Everyone is promoting and referring the crap out of each other.
There you go.
Let me know that you’re there…follow, like, clap, or comment to get more stuff to make your digital marketing better.