30-year mortgage rates are back over 4%.
Uncertainty in the market and runaway inflation give loan officers sales whiplash - feast and famine all in the same week.
Some loan officers are panicking, but a small group seems to be calm and even optimistic about their sales pipelines.
What's their secret?
They have a system for generating a steady flow of mortgage leads.
Stop worrying about the market and start doing what they're doing.
5 Simple, fast ways to generate mortgage leads this week
- Send an email to all of the people in your CRM. Explain the current mortgage market and who should be calling you.
- Use the same message and post it on Facebook. Bonus points: Turn it into a short video.
- Create a one-page checklist for new homebuyers. Write a short post on social media teasing the checklist and ask people to DM you to get a copy. Bonus points: Create a landing page with Carrd and collect an email. Then email them the checklist and ask them to follow up with any questions.
- Send an email to all of your real estate agents. Share 3-5 creative strategies on how to get an offer accepted.
- Use the same message and post it on Facebook. Bonus points: Make it a video.
Later, you can worry about SEO, content marketing, PPC, and email campaigns. Take action and get a little traction.
This month, a few extra leads will give you the margin and experience to start building a more extensive, more scalable mortgage lead generation program next month.