Stowe Boyd, of /message trickled into my RSS stream and tickled one of my ongoing projects.
You see, Stowe is thinking about appliances and applications that “eavesdrop” on our streams and take action. His idea swirls around travel and event planning. Mine, around sales.
Let’s take a look at what one of these applications might look like:
- Tap into “microsyntax” and keywords to trigger capture
- Default display would be a “river of news”
- Interesting items (potential sales opportunities) can be:
- Captured (into CRM)
- Provide Social Graph explorer
- Selectively capture microformats meta-data (i.e., contacts, tags)
- Have API to simplify Social CRM implementation
I am really enjoying this project. More to come…